Time-Domain (TD) NMR Benchtop Systems
The minispec product line
Time-Domain or Low-Resolution NMR is a well known variant of NMR referred to as TD-NMR. It is widely applied in Quality Control (QC/QA) and Research & Development.
TD-NMR applications span all kinds of industries from food, like solid fat content, SFC, and oil seed analysis, via chemical and polymer industry to medical and pharmaceutical industry (obesity research and MRI contrast agents).
the minispec mq-one series
The One Solution for Your Dedicated QC Application
The mq-one is the newest addition to the minispec mq series TD-NMR systems. The award winning mq series covers a wide range of applications and offers expansion capabilities for both routine QC and R&D. The mq-one takes the minispec mq series product line further into the realm of routine industrial applications.
ISO, International Organization for Standardization
ASTM, American Society for Testing and Materials
AOCS, American Oil Chemists’ Society
The minispec mq-one is the right choice
The mq-one analyzer is not just a benchtop system; it is a dedicated analyzer providing a complete solution off the shelf. With easy installation, comprehensive calibration and calibration transfer standards, the mq-one is ready to use in minutes. This approach is a result of Bruker`s extensive experience in these dedicated applications.
The minispec mq-one analyzers come complete, ready-to-install, with calibration standards and traceable multi-language software. The installation instructions can not get easier than this: place the mq-one on your lab bench, connect only two cables; the Ethernet cable to your PC and the power cord, switch it on and in minutes the mq-one is operational.
Better for your Laboratory
Nowadays, laboratory space is a premium. The minispec mq-one has a smaller footprint compare to its previous model, therefore will not take a lot of your valuable laboratory bench space. Moreover, the mq-one is a quiet-runner, it’s low decibel operation noise is ideal to keep your laboratory quiet. The mq-one will add only little to your operating cost with its low power consumption (ISO 14001) and maintenance-free ventilation concept.
Performance You Can Rely On
Precise and long-term stable results can only be obtained with an optimal system layout. The mq-one with its all-in-one design perfectly matches these requirements. Both long-term and short-term measurement stabilities for the application of interest have been improved further. The system`s internal temperature is kept at a constant higher than room temperature (typically but not limited to 40 °C) to within a 1/100 of a degree Celsius to guarantee optimal performance in a 24/7 operation.
minispec m+ software
Since the introduction of the mq-series in 1998, the requirements for today`s industrial Quality Control (QC) have evolved. In order to provide solutions for today’s challenges, Bruker now offers the 21 CFR part 11 compliant minispec plus software for the mq-one analyzers. The minispec plus combines multilingual support, user administration, ease of use and an intuitive work-flow for both calibration and daily measurements.
the minispec mq series
The R&D100 award-winning minispec mq series is ready to be configured and extended to perfectly fit your QC and R&D needs. the minispec mq series offers the most comprehensive range of measurement frequencies known today, ranging from 7.5 MHz with large sample diameter, via 10 MHz, 20 MHz and 40 MHz, to the unparalleled mq60 with 60 MHz operating frequency.
While the minispec mq-one series features the best possible performance-to-footprint ratio for common QC applications, the minispec mq series offers multi-application support and a wide range of upgrade features, like tool-free exchangeable probes, variable temperature probes and pulsed field gradient systems.
Key features of the minispec mq series
- Multinuclear and variable frequency 5 – 60 MHz
- Wide range of magnet fields, unique 60 MHz system
- Ethernet connection from PC to minispec electronic unit
- Remote control, system logging and daily check
- Bruker minispec application pool containing all standard and advanced applications
- Wide range of probe heads (absolute, ratio, combined, temperature controlled, gradients), temperature range: -100 to +200 °C
- Fast magnet warm-up and precise digital temperature regulation for ultimate results stability
- Tool-free exchange of Plug-n-Play probes with auto-recognition
- Linear transmitter with digital pulse attenuation (optional)
- Highly linear fast signal detection
- Virtually unlimited number of pulses and echoes
- Pulsed field gradients (optional)
- Zero maintenance units with no direct air exchange
- Proven track record, long MTBF
- minispec application and service support
Body Composition Analyzer
Bruker’s minispec Whole Body Composition Analyzer based on TD-NMR provides a precise method for measurement of Lean Tissue, Fat, and Fluid in live mice and rats. The key feature is: longitudinal studies become possible, because the animal is carefully handle without anesthesia.
Since its first launch in the beginning of 2001, the minispec Live Mice Analyzer (LF50) has quickly gained market acceptance as a powerful, non-destructive and non-invasive tool for characterizing, screening and phenotyping mouse models in research laboratories. It has become the industrial standard for fat and lean measurement in live mice with installations in major pharmaceutical companies, diabetes and obesity research institutes and universities.
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) methods are among the most useful non-destructive techniques of material analysis. Non-invasive examination of the body by means of NMR is extensive and has many useful applications, particularly with Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (MRS). TD-NMR uses similar NMR technology, providing analysis of fat tissue, lean tissue and free fluid by the same physical selection rules that give rise to contrast in MRI. Tissue contrast is high between fat and muscle based on relative relaxation times.
the minispec Body Composition Analyzer is based on Time Domain NMR . It acquires and analyzes TD-NMR signals from all protons in the entire sample volume and can provide 3 components of interest: Fat, Free Body Fluid and Lean Tissue values. This Magnetic Resonance technology allows the researchers the opportunity to make multiple measurements during the life of the animal with the following benefits:
- Rapid analysis: measurement takes less than 2 minutes, no sample preparation
- Economical method: no consumables, retain expensive lab animals for entire study
- LF50 for mice analyzes animals up to 60g … 70g
- LF50H for mice analyzes animals up to 60g … 70g
- LF90II for mice and rats analyzes animals up to ~ 800g
- LF110 for mice and rats analyzes animals even above > 1kg
- Reduced animal stress: no need for anesthetics; animals are measured “as-is”
- Allows more frequent testing because of negligible risk to animal health
- Better accuracy and precision compared to DEXA (X-ray) method